Saturday, January 21, 2012

Me

Well, hello everyone!
I just noticed that I never went into depth about myself. So... Here goes:)
I absolutely love the color yellow. It's a crazy, sunny, happy color and I really kinda need the crazy, happy, sunny right now. I get interesting looks when I say my favorite color is yellow rather than the steriotypical pink, purple and girly colors, but I'm not in the blue, green, red, black, and brown, either... So, I happen to be in the middle, with a color that is not either a "girl" color or a "boy" color:)
My favorite season ever is summer, but I like spring too... Only because that's the season I was born into this world. I may live in a desert and it can be unbearably hot, it's just how I like it: Pool weather, movie weather, ice cream and ice-cold soda and lemonade weather. I absolutely detest winter and fall because that's when everything is dying and lies dead in the cold, dark days. Winter is very depressing for me... I keep on as many lights in the house as possible and I tend to not read as many books in the winter either, because they make me sad for some odd reason.
Art is my passion. Simple as that. I love it, and I have a feeling it loves me too. It speaks to me, as well as my new love: Music. They walk hand in hand. Music makes art and art makes oh so much music. I've actually started to plan my own creation wall in my room: The longest wall must be completely white and not a single thing on it. I'll break out sharpies, spray-paint, normal paint, balloons, posters, stencils and quotes to finally allow this wall to become something it should have been from the get-go.
I am a pretty creative kid. Gypsy skirts, t-shirts from the guy section at the store, jeans covered with meeting dates and quotes, a green yarn bracelet paired with evil eye bracelets and some of my sister's beads. I just cut my hair really short for the heck of it. I needed a change. I wear absolutely no makeup as opposed to the clown-faced girls of my age that think they should put out and get boyfriends. I don't have a boyfriend because no one even acknowledges me.
I have an A+, B-, 2 C+'s and a D. So, technically, I'm a B- student:)
I listen to Radiohead, The Killers, The Gorillaz, Florence and The Machine, Adele, Kate Nash, The Head and The Heart, P!nk, One Republic, Xx, Sia, Run DMC, Green Day, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Journey (my favorite of their's is Separate Ways) and so many artists that range from rock to folk.
I want to travel all over the world because I feel that I need to be a part of the whole, not just a small, insignificant piece of the United States... Greece, Italy, France... But, not for the regular "oh it's so pretty" reasons. France: catacombs. Greece: I need to see the Parthenon before it's done being reconstructed... I love the raw beauty with the wires, machinery, rocks and so many things that come into reconstructing a world-renowned monument that might collapse at any moment. Italy: because I want to live there at one point of my life. It's so colorful and so culturally dynamic:) I want to go everywhere, but I'm hoping that's the first place I can go.

I think that's plenty for now:) I might just write into a whole other page...