Friday, December 23, 2011

All I am saying is give yourself a chance...



Of all times you can be yourself, the number one place is camp. You can let go and just be as crazy, maniacal and lonesome as ever and not be made fun of.

This picture was taken by me at my freshman class camping trip. We had been separated into tribes which was my worst fear. I was already uncomfortable with all the people I didn't know because I was new. The only person I knew before this school is the girl with the large head ;) at the bottom. We had been friends since first grade and we were being separated. I had an anxiety attack and feigned a headache to get away from the girls in my dorm. But, I realize now that I was being unnecessarily panicked.

I had made several new friends by the end of the 3 day trip. Surprisingly, most of them were girls. Girls have always had a problem with me, so this came as a blessing.

I guess good things are short-lived, however, because, once we got back to school, things were back to normal: cliques, relationships and all of that ridiculous stuff. But, my friends still remained my friends. They are still my friends now, and they are absolutely hilarious.

I remember being told as a small kid that I should never rule out people. I see now that I ruled myself out, and never gave myself a chance.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that, when you are in a circumstance that allows you to be whoever you want to be and act the way you want to act, give yourself a chance. To be yourself, a friend, or just a person people could talk to. I wish I could have given myself a chance sooner...

I am now faced with the problem of having an overactive blabber mouth at home, but lack words at school...

All in time, I guess. I'll figure it out along the way, while the ride of high school turmoil continues.