Saturday, December 24, 2011

If music be the food of love, play on!



I used to abslutely abhor music, and iPods. But, over the summer of this year, my sister was given an iPod for her birthday and I realized I was looking at this completely wrong! I saw how my sister's face would light up when she would hear a song that amazed her. And I wanted in...



I ended up getting one just before the end of my ninth year at my elementary school. I wanted advice on what music to put on there and was greeted with all kinds of horrible, auto-tuned, sex-based songs by the "most popular" singers of late.



So I looked to my parents, and my father actually has some good taste in music: Modest Mouse, The Killers, Muse, and so much more. My mom is more into rap and r&b, and that is just not my style. And then I found a pleasant surprise: I am my own person, have my own music, and everyone else could just stop shoving their musical inclinations down my throat.



I fell head-over-heels in love with Florence and the Machine, The Head and The Heart has inspired me to write my own songs and Adele will always have a special place in my heart. Jack Johnson is my second personality that breaks out on sundays and lets me relax and "break down".



I could be like everyone else and like the artificial crap that "everyone" likes now, but I truly love my own. It shows how different I am from people and I absolutely embrace that fact now! I have my own music and I kinda feel complete due to that fact. I do know that it may sound quite cheesy, but how did you feel when you found yourself in music?



I may not know who "I" am yet, but I do know that, if I let the music within me bloom, I just muight find out...